Sunday, September 03, 2006

Is there a doctor in the house?

I woke up this morning with a peculiar taste in my mouth. More specifically, my mouth tasted like the inside of the wet vac that we use to suck up dog hair and other nastiness at Petsmart. It wasn't a good way to wake up, let me assure you. I stumbled over to the bathroom sink, grabbed my toothbrush and started scrubbing. Five minutes later, my mouth tasted like the inside of the wet vac and extreme herbal mint Crest. So I turned on the light, and stuck my tongue out. Much to horror my tongue was no longer pink and non-threatening, but covered in a thin black carpet of grossness. I started scrubbing my tongue in earnest, and about twenty seconds later, found that my toothbrush was now also back. It took about ten minutes, a half bottle of toothpaste and much gagging to get my tongue to a semi-normal color and taste. I am left wondering what exactly festered and possibly died on my tongue overnight, and if any of you at home have an answer, please let me know.

Other then the scary tongue and some serious blisters, I have been amazingly healthy. I have been able to eat all manner of street food with no problems; I credit it all to the daily shot of pepto bismal I've been downing (thanks for that tip Johnny!) and my morning glass of mango juice. I'm still chugging bottled water by the liter, but I figure I will slowly start drinking the local water once I have my own place (and therefore my own bathroom). With any luck, my cast iron stomach will hold up, and I will escape King Tut's curse, inshallah.

5 comments:

New Owner said...

Hi Sarah, hate to say this, but I just read that a cause of black tongue may be antacids. MAybe it's the Pepto Bismal?

Sarah ساره said...

My pepto? Ohhh, I hope not. I really think that it's only reason I haven't gotten sick. Hmmm, I will have to test this.

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is how you know what a wet/dry vac tastes like

Sarah ساره said...

I plead the 5th. Trust me when I say you don't want me to answer that one.

Laura said...

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Chuck Norris has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.