Friday, December 08, 2006

Deputy Steve Cox, 1960-2006

There are times when I want to write about something but find that words have all dried up. This has been one of those weeks. I've sat in front of my computer for most of the day, most of this week, trying to find the right words and have been falling miserably. This will have to be one of those times when it is the thought that counts rather then content.

You never know when the door you walk through will be your last. On December 2th, 2006, King County Sheriff's Office Deputy Steve Cox walked through a door in White Center, and did not walk back out. I had the pleasure of knowing and working with Deputy Cox for several years. His death is a huge loss for the department and the community as a whole. He was a good man and very good cop. But that's an overused statement, and Steve was so much more then that. I cannot convey his passion for law enforcement, or his drive to make his community a better place. I cannot adequately tell you about his sense of fairness or his sense of humor. I can only tell you that today we are burying a good man and hope you understand that we have been robbed of more then just a person.

He left behind a wife and son; parents, family, and many friends.

Deputy Steve Cox is gone, but not forgotten.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hi Sara. Deputy Steve Cox used to have breakfast with me in the mornings at the resteraunt I managed on Vashon when he worked the island. I knew him well. He was a good man. I'm sorry,
Megan