Sunday, October 08, 2006

Arabic word of the week.... شبشب !!!!!

Occasionally I learn a new arabic word that is so mumtaz (excellent) that I must share it you. This week's word is shib-shib ( شبشب ) A shib-shib is a sandal with an open toe and back (like my Jesus sandals). I love this word because it's so fun to say... SHIB-SHIB!!

I've also made up a Sarabic dictionary (see below). I'll be updating it as I learn new words, and I've got a link to it on the right side of the page for ease of use.

One last administrative note- I've added some pictures to my webshots pages- pictures from the Pyramids at Saqqara, some from rural Giza and a new album called "Cairo from a Bus". They're not the best pictures, and often have glare from the windows, but they do show what the city looks like outside of the monuments and museums. You can find the pictures here http://community.webshots.com/user/1frmseattle , and there is also a permanent link on the right side of the page.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Chuck Norris invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

Laura said...

Chuck Norris doesn't throw up if he drinks too much. Chuck Norris throws down!

Laura said...

In the beginning there was nothing...then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said "Get a job". That is the story of the universe.

Laura said...

Chuck Norris is responsible for China's over-population. He hosted a Karate tournament in Beijing and all women within 1,000 miles became pregnant instantly.

Anonymous said...

wow. thank you laura for the absolute truth about chuck morris and for a detailed insight into his daily life.