Thursday, October 12, 2006

I just signed away my life....

There's only one more week of Ramadan left, and that means that Eid (which is the iftar of all iftars, and one of the holiest days of the year) is coming up. For a non-Muslim, it means I get a week off school. I've chosen to take a university sponsored trip to the North Coast of Mediterranean (pictured above) and to the Siwa Oasis. Today I had to pay for the trip and sign a liability waver. Being a good and smart American, I made sure that I read the fine print. One line in particular caught my eye and made me laugh. It said, "...responsibility is not accepted for losses or expenses due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorism, natural disasters, or other such causes." Talk about not being in Kansas anymore.... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura said...

The leading causes of death in America are:
1. heart disease.
2. chuck norris.
3. cancer.

Laura said...

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting. He goes killing.